The objectives of the 1MalaysiaGRIP programme implemented by the Government are:
- To provide opportunity to employees to increase their skills by participating in specific fields to be expert that would enhance their career development and earn higher income.
- To provide employers with skilled workforce that will enable them to explore business opportunities in higher valued chain that is related to Knowledge Intensive activities that are knowledge based, high-tech and high value-added products / activities in order to be continuously competitive in the global market.
- To increase labour supply in the strategic and high impact areas that was identified to reduce country’s dependency on external expertise and support the Government’s aspiration to achieve developed nation status by the year 2020
Target group for the 1MalaysiaGRIP programme are Malaysian Employees who are striving to upgrade their skills and knowledge through upskilling and reskilling programmes, either:
- Employees of HRDF registered employers.
- Employees of non-registered employers with HRDF.
For further information of the 1MalaysiaGRIP, please visit the website of PSMB-HRDF here
In order to support Malaysia aspiration to upskill the current workforce, the courses offered under 1MalaysiaGRIP are professional certification which focuses in up-skilling and re-skilling.
In this regard, the training programmes offered are recognised globally either by the local or international body and selected by the industry experts.
Below are the programmes approved under The ISO Group (operated by In-Source Options Sdn Bhd) accredited by the American Petroleum Institute for the 1MalaysiaGRIP programme:
- Behavior-Based Material Handling Equipment (Forklift Truck, Reach Truck, Powered Pallet Truck) Safety Operations Training Program
- Behavior-Based Mobile Elevating Work Platform (Scissors Lift, Sky Lift, Boom Lift) Safety Operations Training Program