The Appointed Person is responsible for ensuring that a lifting operation is properly planned, appropriately supervised and carried out in a safe manner.
A full description of the duties and responsibilities of an Appointed Person can be found in the Approved Code of Practice for the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998and BS 7121 Part 1:2006
- The aim of this course is to provide candidates with underpinning knowledge and skills in order for them to understand the role and responsibility of an Appointed Person.
- Following successful completion of the course candidates will be able to understand and follow safe systems of work for lifting operations including understanding risk assessment and method statements.
- This course is to prepare lifting plan. It is a requirement that participants should have passed the theory and practical test of Lifting Supervisor (A62) of the ISO Group (c/o In-Source Options Sdn Bhd).
- Lectures and handout notes
- Computerised 3D Lift Plan Schematics
- Copies of UK and USA Regulations
- Practical on-site lifting operations assessment
- Pre & post theory training objective tests
- Individual lifting plan assignment
- Module 1 – Legislative and Regulative
- Module 2 – Lifting Equipment
- Module 3 – Lifting Accessories
- Module 4 – Communication
- Module 5 – Planning