Our Behavior-Based Mobile Elevating Work Platform Safety Operations Training accredited by the American Petroleum Institute and adopted by the ISO Group is an international approach to safety that focuses on safe and unsafe behaviors of staff in the workplace. Its aim is to identify, influence, and change the unsafe behaviors that exist in the workplace, or reinforce the safe behaviors already established. Common MEWP Operations Training only conveys Safety Compliance Rules and Dos & Don’ts.
This program, certified by the American Petroleum Institute is a main requirement for all the industries’ personnel whilst working at height. This course provides detailed instruction in the safe use of Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) in the workplace.
- Upon successful completion of the program, trainees would be competently trained to operate their ability regarding MEWP safely as required.
- Fleet Manager
- Safety Officer
- Maintenance Personnel
- Lectures & Handout Notes with Q&A, Foreign language – Translators (Optional)
- Accident Pictures & Video shows with discussions
- Activity – Case studies discussion and presentation
- Pre / Post Objective Theory Tests
- Select an appropriate MEWP, including risk assessment for the task to be carried out
- Safety requirements – WSH Act and Code of Practice for Working Safely At Height related to MEWP
- Conduct workplace inspection
- State factors affecting stability
- Identify common hazards of the MEWPs and their appropriate control measures
- Function of all MEWPs controls, including emergency controls and emergency procedures
- Carry out pre-start inspection (Ground Controls & Elevated)
- Carry out post-start inspection (Ground Controls & Elevated)
- Use of PPE appropriate to the task, worksite and environment.
- Wear Harness correctly
- Operate the MEWP safely
- Emergency Controls
- Shutdown Precautionary Steps
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Training (Group & Individual 1 to 1)
- Practical Assessment (Individual 1 to 1)